The deadline for Charity Champions nominations is Tuesday, June 30! Don’t wait to nominate your non-profit of choice.
Central Texans have inspired us for over 130 years. We’ve seen how those with a heart for service can improve the lives of so many in our community. As a local bank, it is a part of our values to prop up those in our community.
One way we do that each year is through our Charity Champions program.
Who are Charity Champions?
Charity Champions are non-profits nominated by the community and selected by TFNB employees. Organizations selected serve any community need — from environmental projects to healthcare or education.
In 2019, our Charity Champions included:
- No Limitations Waco — helps people with physical and developmental challenges take part in team sports and social activities.
- Communities in Schools, The Heart of Texas — offers programs to help children stay in school and further pursue education.
- Children’s Advocacy Center of Central Texas — offers services to reduce the effects of trauma and improve the quality of life for abused and neglected children.
- Community Healthcare of Texas — provides hospice care services for those who are seriously and terminally ill.
- Keep Waco Beautiful — organizes cleanup, beautification, and anti-litter programs to make Waco a healthier, safer, and more beautiful place to live.
- Rhett Revolution — runs the McGregor Food Pantry, helps with nutrition in school, supports grieving parents, and provides scholarships.
How does the program work?
When we started this program in 2014, we didn’t want to only recognize the great work these non-profits are doing. We wanted to find a way to help further their mission. Champions receive a full marketing awareness campaign, leadership training, and an intern team at no cost.
The awareness campaign starts with their appearance at a Baylor football home game. The week of their game, Champions make an appearance on the midday show on KWTX. Champions are also interviewed again by KWTX on Baylor Game Day. Then, voice of the Baylor Bears, John Morris, interviews each Champion on ESPN Radio. Each Charity Champion is then recognized with an on-field presentation. They are also recognized at Baylor basketball games. Champions also get a feature on our Charity Champions podcast.
Champions also receive leadership development training from Waco consulting firm, 360 Solutions. This training is open to every Champion, no matter when they were recognized. It teaches non-profit leaders how to improve their organizations and help even more people.
How do I nominate?
Is there a local non-profit that has helped you or a loved one? Do you volunteer for an organization that could use some extra support?
Nominations from Central Texans like you are a critical piece of the puzzle. It’s how we learn about many great organizations that are shaping our area’s future.
Nominating is quick and easy. Go to www.charitychampions.org/nominate and fill out the form to submit your nomination. Our team will choose six Champions this year, so please nominate one (or even two!) non-profits that are improving lives here in the Waco area.